Check out some more activities to experience in the area and surrounds
Tullamore is the Midland's atrraction with a variety of events and activities, check out this list below and also visit this link http://www.discoverireland.ie/lakelands
1. Hire some bikes and explore Lough Boora Parklands - a landscape of cutaway bog which has been carefully restored to a wonderful wildlife sanctuary.
2. Take a picnic to Birr Castle & Gardens.
3. Play golf at some of Ireland's best championship courses.
4. Take part in Tullamore Golf Club's Open Days every Monday for an amazing €20.00 per person.
5. Go horse riding at Annaharvey Farm.
6. Stroll through Charleville Forest and take in a visit of the castle - viewings of the castle by appointment.
7. For the more adventurous among you, take to the skies with sky diving at the Irish Parachute Club in nearby Clonbullogue.
8. Visit Clonmacnoise, founded by St. Ciaran in the 6th century and the burial ground of Ireland's last High King, Rory O' Connor.
9. Discover the intriguing story of revenge at Belvedere House where the Earl's wife was held prisoner for 31 years.
10. Why not try your hand at clay pigeon shooting at the Midlands National Shooting Centre.
11. Take a tour at the Tullamore D.E.W. Heritage Centre and enjoy a taste of our reowned whiskey, Tullamore DEW.
12. Spend an afternoon shopping and as a guest of the some of the hotels where you can enjoy discount in many shops as part of the festival.
13. Take a calming trip on the Grand Canal and see the sights from a local barge
14. Check out some of the monastic sites in Offaly, including the Durrow High Cross, and Lynally Church
15. Check out www.offalytourism.com for all the latest up-to-date events and activities
16. Visit the Offaly Bee Keepers Assoication for a workshop on beekeeping!
16. Indulge in any of the restaurants in the area, offering everything from Irish to Italian to Indian, see www.offalytourism.com for further details
Choose one of our large selection of relaxing, comfortable...
Walking, Driving, or on horse back, there is always...